Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm doing the Reader Pick at Take-a-Look Tuesday


Mandy at Sugar Bee Crafts hosts a wonderful linky party, Take-A-Look Tuesday.  I have the great privilege of doing her Reader Pick feature for the week.  Boy, are there lots of fabulous projects this week!  I'm featuring a few (yes, 12 is a few when you consider just how many link up to this great party) of my top faves, but I encourage you to check out more.

For the purpose of those of you reading this from Sugar Bee Crafts, I'll say that I'm Carrie from Five Seventeen Repurposing, and I would love for you to come check out my young blog.
I'm a fairly new blogger, so you haven't had much chance to get to know my personality, style, or likes.  But I'm sure you can tell that I like flowers.  I was super excited to see at today's party two posts about multiple flower projects.  So I have to make those my top features.

Check out Henry Happened for 25+ flower projects: making different kinds of flowers and wonderful projects from flowers. 
The pics show giant paper roses and flower lollipops.  Go see all the wonderful ideas!



The Crafty Blog Stalker has scoped out 20 paper flower projects.  Because my heart is for repurposing, I'm posting the pic of the paint chip flower.  I hope you enjoy them all!


Because I'm new at this, I'm still trying to figure out how I want my blog to be.  I know I want to reflect my personality and not just what I think others want it to be.  So when I saw that Iuliana from Hip 2 Thrift is doing 30 Days to Finding your Blogging Voice, I was very excited.  I don't know how often I'll participate in the writing prompts, but I'm looking forward to doing what I can.


Vintage Mellie created patio bliss!  I absolutely love it!  There are so many beautiful pics.  She did a fabulous job of creating this space.  I won't spoil it all here, but I will post two of the awesome pics.



I love pallet projects!  There's a fabulous pallet headboard over at Ready Home for you to check out.  I wouldn't have even guessed that it started out as a pallet.


Going along with my love for repurposing, I have to feature Nici's (from Posed Perfection) "green" package packing idea.  She also showed a great gift wrapping idea.


Did you know you can iron fabric directly to your wall?  I didn't, but The Creek Line House shows us how.  So cool!


I've been seeing several projects with drop cloths, and here's another one from Ashley at Domestic Imperfection.  She used it to recover her bar stools.  Wonderful!


These little birdies by Jill at Made it on Monday are so cute!  She even gives a link to the tutorial and pattern she used.  I'm not much of a sewer, but I think I could do these.

little birdies 8

I found a fabulous idea for embellishing a skirt over at Shop Ruby Jean.  I love the ombre look!


This feature wouldn't be complete without some dessert!

I think peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite dessert combo.  The Farm Girl's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Dessert sounds super yummy!


I'm a brownie girl, and I'm thinking these mallow brownie bars will be made in my kitchen very soon.  Check out the recipe at The Mandatory Mooch.


Well, those are my top twelve faves!  But there's so much more fabulousness over at Take-A-Look Tuesday for you to scope out.  Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Wow! So many great features! Thanks so much for including me in this great lineup. I am honored. I hope you have a fabulous week!
    Blessings, Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie for the feature! Such great finds - those mallow bars look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring our headboard! I'm pretty sure that hubby will be grinning from ear to ear when I tell him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including me in this Great Feature line up of yours. Have a great week!!
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie! Thanks so much for having me as part of this great group of features. I'm so excited to see more of what you have to show us. Re-purposing is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my patio bliss!!!! How exciting to be included with so many other great features!!

    Melissa
    Shabby Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie!! Just stopping by from Sugar Bee Crafts to say "hello" and I love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to know !! I really recommend other to read this article .Have you considered applying to be a newspaper writer? Extremely wonderful writing! Keep up the good work. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $63,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email pedroloanss@gmail.com. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable of lending you a loan. Contact Mr Pedro E-mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!