Friday, September 7, 2012

Repurposing at the fair

Life has been a bit busy lately.  I've been working on some projects for the upcoming women's retreat with my church, but I don't have anything quite ready to post yet.
 
I did attend our county fair a couple weeks ago and found some repurposed projects there that I want to share with you.  First off, the fair committee had a contest in which people could decorate bowling pins.  There were lots of great ones.  Here are some of my favorites.
 



I love checking out the artsy and crafty projects that 4-H'ers create.  I was in 4-H for 10 years when I was growing up, and fell in love with crafting through that fabulous organization. 
 
 One girl created a dress out of book pages!  She must have had a lot of patience.  It's absolutely fabulous.  She even included a picture of her wearing it.
 

 
Another project I loved was this sunset painted onto an old board.  Unfortunately, my picture doesn't do it justice.  The lighting in the building was not condusive to taking good pictures.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some talented kids. That paper dress is amazing! Thank you for sharing and thanks for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-16.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $63,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email pedroloanss@gmail.com. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable of lending you a loan. Contact Mr Pedro E-mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!